- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave to you.
- Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award.
- Tell those bloggers you nominated them!
- Create 11 original questions for the next nominees to answer.
Hannah’s Questions for Me
1. Favourite Diverse Book?
Definitely The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh. I really cannot say enough good things about this duology – intense, swoony, action-packed, plus mouth-watering descriptions of food.
2. Are you a writer? If so, what’s your current project?
I kind of consider myself a writer on sabbatical, if you will. I did a lot of writing in high school – I was in a creative writing club and class, and I even had a short story published in an anthology! Right now, however, I haven’t been doing that much writing, between university work and job work and reading to keep up this blog. Writing is definitely something I want to get back into soon, though, because I really miss it.
3. Favourite song atm?
Power by Bastille is my jam when I’m walking to class.
4. Favourite vegetable?
Does corn count? Is that a grain? If not that, then carrots.
5. What is one trope you love and one trope you hate?
Is “girls taking their destiny into their own hands” a trope? I’m counting it. I’m all about that girl power. As for a trope I hate, I’m one of the many who is tired of love triangles.
6. Least Favourite Book?
The Kiss by Lucy Courtenay. I’m sorry, but that book was a mess.
7. What are your hobbies aside from reading?
Like I said, I used to do a lot of writing, but I started university and got a part-time job at the same time, so when I’m not reading or blogging I’m doing school work or helping people out at my library. I’m pretty boring tbh.
8. What’s your favourite underrated book?
Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate!
9. What’s one book that you think doesn’t deserve the hype?
I was super underwhelmed by Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I found it really slow even 100 pages in, and I ended up DNF-ing it. But, hey, if other people loved it, that’s fine, too! It just wasn’t for me.
10. Favourite TV show?
The Amazing Race! It’s a dream of mine to be on that show some day.
11. One thing you’d like to see more of in books?
More close family relationships, more focuses on friendships – basically more books where romantic relationships are not the most important things. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good romance, but I like it when familial and platonic relationships are emphasized, as well.
I’m only going to tag two people because I’m boring and shy:
Your questions are:
- Where is the most beautiful place you’ve read at? Describe it, if you can.
- Do you prefer reading when it’s raining or reading when it’s sunny?
- What’s the best contemporary book you’ve read?
- What was the last book that you gave 5 stars to?
- Do you enjoy poetry?
- What bookish innovation do you wish would be invented?
- What’s your go-to reading snack?
- What was the last book someone recommended to you? Did you like it?
- Which book character do you relate the most to?
- If you could have a power or technology from a fictional book, which would you want?
- How far are you in your current read(s)?
Thanks for reading, and I hope you all have a lovely day ❤