Hello lovely readers! Yes, this post is super late, but in my defence I covered a shift for my coworker at the last minute and had a nail appointment. But now I’m home and I’m writing this blog post instead of studying for my 3 midterms, so be grateful 😛
Today I’ll be talking about the five authors who I have read either one book or one series of, and figure I should give some of their other works a try. In no particular order, they are:
- Maggie Stiefvater – I read The Wolves of Mercy Falls when I was in elementary school/beginning of high school, and I really liked them. I keep hearing really great things about The Raven Cycle, and it also sounds like something I would enjoy. They’ve been really high up on my TBR for a while, too, but for some reason I’ve just never picked them up. Always something else to read, I guess?
- Julie Kagawa – I read the first book in the Iron Fey series and honestly wasn’t all that impressed. That being said, I’m very intrigued by the Talon series and the dragon-y goodness that it has to offer. I own the first three books, so really I can start them whenever I feel like it. Hopefully I’ll like that story and main character a lot more than I liked that of her fey books
- Morgan Matson – I absolutely adored Since You’ve Been Gone, and The Unexpected Everything looks like so much fun! I know she has a bunch of other cute contemporaries, too, which I might look into after I’ve reduced my TBR pile a little.
- Jenny Han – To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before was cute and fun, though I still have yet to read the sequel. Like Morgan Matson, I am aware that Jenny Han has written other contemporaries that I may like, though I couldn’t name them off by heart.
- E.K. Johnston – This (Canadian!) author of Exit, Pursued by a Bear, a book that I gave 5 stars, also wrote A Thousand Nights and the upcoming novel Spindle, fantasy books that I think I would really enjoy, especially since they sound like they’re based on classic fairytales and folklore. Give me ALL THE RETELLINGS!
Have you read any books by these authors? Which are your favourites? Which authors do you want to read more from? Let’s talk in the comments!
Have a lovely weekend, everyone! ❤