I’m very excited to announce that starting on Monday, August 1st, I will be hosting a writing challenge for all of August. One of my goals for this summer was to write more, and since I have done little prep so far for the big writing competition that opens in September, I figure now’s a good time to start this challenge.
Now, this is a personal challenge more than anything, but I asked about it a while back and I had some people express their interest in participating. So I’m making it a thing that anyone can join! Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Challenge: Write Every Day in August (WEDiA)
- Every day I will post an update on how much I’ve written, which pieces I’ve been working on, and what happened that day that stopped me from writing more, both here and on my booklr. I welcome all participants to do the same!
- On the Monday of each week I will post a random writing prompt on my booklr , either from 642 Things to Write About by the San Francisco Writers’ Grotto, or one I came up with (I will post a source if it’s from the book). You are welcome to complete the prompt anytime during the week, whether it’s right away or to use when you’ve got writer’s block.
- Whenever you post about the challenge, either your prompt writing or your updates, make sure you tag them with #WEDiA2016 and #BeccasAugustWritingChallenge, especially on Tumblr so I can reblog your prompts!
- I don’t have any set writing sprint times because my work schedule is kind of all over the place in August, but watch my Twitter and Tumblr for random sprint announcements (Note: if you are interested in hosting some writing sprints, send me a message!)
- As it says in the title, this challenge is going to be VERY casual – no super strict guidelines due to the fact that I’ll be working a lot. You write at your own pace, and there’s absolutely no pressure to finish anything by the end of the month. You do you!
- You can do any kind of writing this month – stories, poems, fanfics – whatever writing you like, or every kind if you like them all!
I think that just about covers everything. If you have any questions for me, feel free to send me an ask on tumblr, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. You can also leave a comment on this post!
If you’re interested in participating, I would love it if you could leave a comment, so I know who will be joining me.
Thank you so much for reading, and happy writing!